As we round out the end of 2022, we would like to take this opportunity to say a very big thank you to all our beautiful customers, community, business partners, friends and family for what has been another massive year for Plant Daddy.
Entering 2022 there was a fair bit of uncertainty having come out of a few very up and down years since we entered the global pandemic, with your love and support we have continued to do what we love most and that is to serve our beautiful plant friends here in Sydney and across Australia.
The holiday season isn’t always a fun, loving and giving time for many. Instead, this time of year that can raise a lot of pain and often suffering for situations that may raise these feelings it is important to acknowledge and accept these feelings as this can help us to make sense of our experience and actions, don’t put pressure on yourself to change these feelings as this can cause more stress. Remember we are all doing the best we can.
Some ideas on how you can get through the holiday season-
- Help others in need- if you have time and capacity, this can shift your perspective
- Share your feelings- with a trusted person or try a journal- maybe a new year resolution could be journaling?
- Honour your loss- however this looks, as long as it’s important to you
- Reduce pressure to celebrate- do what serves you, tune into what you need
- Remember you are not alone- we all have more in common than we think or remember, at any time you can reach out to someone to talk to through Lifeline on 13 11 14 or via text 0477 13 11 14
For more tips, please check out this article from Lifeline
Some other great ideas and things to do for the holidays
- Get on top of repotting those plants you’ve been putting off- grab some potting mix and gloves to get cracking!
- Do some much needed plant care- leaf care using some lovely products to show your plant friends some love!
- Introduce a new watering/ care routine, our favourite fertiliser is Greenspace liquid feed; your plants will love it! Also don’t forget to mist your plants from time to time to increase humidity and to give them leaves a lovely rinse.
- Take a walk in nature- a few of favourites would have to be the Royal National Park in Bundeena, a nice train ride from Sydney, take a picnic and beach towel for a lovely day. Our other favourite would be Wendy Whiteley’s Secret garden in Lavender Bay not far from Milsons Point train station and close to Sydney’s beautiful harbour, take a picnic and enjoy this hidden gem.
- Take a ferry ride to Manly wharf and enjoy the sights of Manly, take your beach towel and picnic for a memorable day.
- Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens, get off the train at Circular Quay and enjoy a walk past the Sydney Opera House before entering the gardens or get off at St James and enjoy a walk through Hyde Park before visiting the Art Gallery of NSW then finishing up at the Royal Botanic Gardens- either way you will enjoy some of the most iconic sights Sydney has to offer.
We wish you all the very best this Holiday Season, we are thinking of you and your loved ones. We look forward to ringing in 2023 for a wonderful, happy and healthy year ahead.
Take care, get some rest and we look forward to seeing you very soon.
Our team is taking a break from the 23rd December until 9th January, please feel to continue to enjoy our social media content and our website while our store is closed during this period. You may still reach out to us via email, please note it may take us longer to reply as we are on a break, rest assured we will get to you as soon as we can outside of public holidays.
Lots of love,
Trent & Charlie